Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Closing the Books on 2010: Travel Summary

I am a little late in doing this, but here's a recap of the airplane and train travel I made in 2010. I made 15 trips by plane or train throughout 2010. Those trips covered 51 total days. However, only 36 of those travel days (representing 11 trips) were for work.

Among the highlights:
  • The trend is clear. As I travel more and more for work, I tend to make the trips shorter and shorter. Doing the math, my work trips in 2010 averaged just over three days each. In 2009, I was on the road 42 days for work, so I was able to eliminate 6 days, mainly by making my trips shorter.

  • I traveled to San Francisco seven times in 2010 (out of 11 total work trips). (In case you are wondering, my company has an office there.) I also went to New Orleans, New York, Pensacola and Fort Lauderdale for work. For pleasure, you can add Las Vegas, Madison (Wisc.), D.C. (to visit my brother Brett), and Rome (yes, Italy).

  • Over the past two years, I have been to San Francisco 15 separate times.
Here's last year's summary, by the way.

No comments: