Sunday, April 22, 2012

Victory: A Delegate to the DNC

Yesterday, I was elected a delegate to the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte. To the 164 people who came to the East Middle School in Braintree yesterday and cast their votes for me, THANK YOU!

I was honored to run yesterday as part of a slate of candidates who will now travel to Charlotte, together, to represent the new 8th Congressional district in Massachusetts. As a member of the slate, I asked those at the caucus who attended on my behalf to vote for the other members of the slate in addition to me.

Thank you to the other members of the slate, including Braintree Mayor Joe Sullivan (who hosted the caucus), Norfolk County District Attorney Mike Morrissey, State Representative Jeff Sanchez, Weymouth Mayor Susan Kay, Kathleen Manson, Shaynah Barnes, Susanne O'Neil, and Ossie Jordan. I look forward to serving with all of you as delegates in Charlotte.

I am FOREVER grateful to those who came to the caucus to support me. You got out of bed relatively early on a Saturday morning, and-- in the case of those who came from my neighborhood-- had to drive nearly a half hour to get to the caucus. Then you sat in a room for a long time. All for one reason-- to cast a vote for me.

I am also thankful to my parents, Bonnie and Dave, who drove up from Connecticut to stand outside, greet voters, and ask that they support me.

Finally, a very special thank you to Mayor Tom Menino and Boston City Councilor John Connolly for their tremendous support during this campaign.

Now, I have begun my preparations to go to the convention. I promise to chronicle my thoughts, as well as activities at the convention, on this blog.

The memory I will have forever from yesterday? How about watching my congressman, Congressman Lynch, voting for me and using the back of my literature to make sure he spelled each slate member's name correctly? The front of my literature is below.


1 comment:

Elaine said...

Congratulations Ross! You deserve it. On to Charlotte!