Monday, June 14, 2010

I Am The Reason The Celtics Will Win Or Lose

I have a confession to make. I think I am the reason the Bruins lost their playoff series against Philadelphia. During the pivotal Game 7, I was sitting at the Red Hat bar on Bowdoin Street. The Bruins scored to go up 3-0. I turned to my friend and said, "This is going to be a rout!" She said, "If we lose, now I know who to blame."

We all know what happened next. The Bruins gave up four goals to lose 4-3. My friend has never let me forget it.

Well, I don't want history to repeat itself, and somehow I feel tied to the Celtics fate. Here's why:

The Boston Celtics are 3-0 in The Finals when their games take place while I am in an airplane. That's right, each of the Celtics three victories in the current championship series has taken place while I have been either in the air, on the tarmac, or at the gate. The Celtics are 0-2 in games that I am able to watch, start to finish, from some permanent location.

I don't consider myself a superstitious person, but the facts are the facts. And given how the Bruins fared, I admit I am a bit concerned. I don't have any travel planned for this coming week. Game 6 is tomorrow night. If this series is forced to a Game 7, I might have to book a trip somewhere, anywhere, to be in a plane for Game 7. And I will be soliciting donations for the cause.

No comments: