Saturday, September 03, 2011

How to Tell You are a Morning Person

I have long thought that morning people get screwed. We wake up earlier than everyone else and tend to matters while others are still slumbering. Then we are required to stay out late with everyone else.

Last night, a couple friends and I discussed how to tell if one is a morning person. We outlined the obvious-- when someone wake's up. But that might be an artificial statistic, in many ways, since the time we get up is dictated on many mornings by work obligations.

I suggested a more subjective metric-- the time of the day when you are most productive. For me, it's between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m. So yes, I am clearly a morning person.

This Saturday morning, I can say one is definitely a morning person if he/she is stuck watching "From Justin to Kelly," a movie musical starring Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini of "American Idol" fame. You know someone ain't a great actress if she's given the same name on screen that she has in real life. And yes, I am watching said movie right now.

Morning people, unite!

No comments: