Saturday, April 17, 2010

Nervous Watching Jeopardy!

Screen shot from Jeopardy
April 12, 2010

It's the only time in my life that I was nervous watching Jeopardy!

My high school friend Amanda Lahan competed in the legendary game show this past week. Well she actually competed a few months back, but the show aired on Monday.

I am so proud of Amanda, because she put up a good fight. She finished in positive territory and even got the Final Jeopardy! question correct. She fared far better than I did... My only confident moment was when one of the clues was a picture of White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel.

Unfortunately, Amanda drew a tough lot, as she was forced to challenge the legendary Morgan Saxby, the returning (and as the game would play out, continuing) champion. I have no idea, really, if Morgan Saxby is legendary--and Amanda told me he's actually a pretty nice guy--but with a name like Morgan Saxby? Come on.

Congrats to Amanda on a fantastic performance!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post and screen shot! It was a fun, and very nerve-wracking experience. Hope to see you soon!